10 June, 2009

Where I am

There are good days and there are bad days. This, this day with gorgeous blue skies and air cleaned completely following magnificent thunder storms last evening, this is a good day. Magnolias peak from between large green leaves. Dogs wag their tails with delight. My laughter coupled with my daughter’s as we chatted and walked. This, this is a good day.

My feet are firmly planted. I feel hope. I recognize the need to be patient and to let life unfold as it will. Today I am singing, “Let he Day Begin,” and I am feeling as if it is a new beginning in so many ways.

Aren’t new beginnings fun? Once the realization sinks in… once the feeling is embraced… Yes, this is a new chapter. Sure, I will miss the old one but… um… WOW!! Possibilities abound.

My daughter, her father, and I are at the base of a mountain and we are embarking on a new path. It is very different than the one we traveled before. There will be new and different challenges, but there will also be hope and love because my daughter and I don’t know how to live without hope and love.

So this is where I am today. This might not be where I am tomorrow, but this is where I am today!

Living fully in the moment, loving new beginnings, and feeling great hope and trusting in love.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” Shawshank Redemption

1 comment:

justrun said...

We need those days!