15 March, 2010

Madness

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." ~ Dr. Seuss

 

I read this quote at The Jungle of Life and loved it.  There is nothing like turning things upside down or inside out or giving them different colors to see the fantastic side of life.  It isn’t only fun but it can be enlightening as well.  Changing the view changes perspective.

Imagination, play, fantasy… they make anything and everything possible.  The sky is the limit kind of thinking.   

Then I changed my perspective of the quote – in that I mean I read it differently.  What happens when we always see life through the other end of the telescope?  What happens when the fantasy world of varying colors and shapes and sizes is the reality we choose to believe as truth?

1 comment:

Mama Llama said...

That is a key issue between Soon-to-be-Ex Mr. Llama and myself, TE. When one chooses to live according to what s/he sees as one's own reality, and that reality does not jive with the way the majority of the outside world has socially accepted and defined the "norm" to be, then s/he runs the risk of ostracization and an inability to maintain the most basic relationships. That is not to say one reality is right and the other is wrong; if two people who share the same point of view can come together, I think that union would be something to celebrate. It is when there is a lack of sharing of what are considered basic defining traits by both parties that things go awry. Expectations are not met, even at the most basic level, because the basics are not common ground.

Does that make sense?

(sigh) Thinking a lot about that today, as I go into my first mediation appointment. Wish me luck--I'm actually going to be right in your work neighborhood!!

Be well, TE.