11 September, 2007

11 September

Today it is gloomy and drizzling - 6 years ago it was picture perfect. 
 
Many things have happened in the past 6 years - The US is not the country it once was domestically or internationally.
 
I can remember the night before and the day so very clearly, yet I rarely talk about my thoughts and emotions.  It changed my career slightly - leaving me out of touch with my actual professional objectives/passions and on a track that is about reaction more than pro-action, which is what I prefer.  It is an event that is difficult for me to discuss as it is one in which I am challenged to separate my profession from the incident. 
 
Everything changed; nothing changed. 
 
A friend from Europe sent an e-mail this morning commenting about how near and yet so distant the incidents seem.  I would agree.  For me, these events are part of my work - they are in the back of my mind throughout my work day.  Yet, outside the office, life continues. 
 
 
 
My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on 9/11 or in its aftermath. 
 
I found this on Ruby's post.  I had heard the song, but seeing the video...touching.

8 comments:

cathouse teri said...

Six years. Amazing.

JustRun said...

Six years- proof that time will keep flying, no matter what. Thanks for taking a moment (probably more). I think we all do in some way; I think we always will.

Anonymous said...

Six years yet so near in my memory.....I was just at Ruby's and heard the song and it gave me the same reaction....

Bre said...

How can it be 6 years ago and yesterday all in one? A hard, hard day.

Michael C said...

It is good we all still remember. That is a great Tim McGraw song.

Anonymous said...

Those images just really drive it home eh? Its not the actual video, the song wasn't really a studio release...he performed it at an award show but the tape from the award show was awful with people's heads popping out etc so I thought this was a better one esp b/c it drives home the message that soldiers, like everyone else, have families/lives/emotions and are stepping up to make a number of huge sacrifices.

Ryan said...

I always thought I understood what it was to have honor, courage and sacrifice... I've never served in the military, so I don't truly understand. We are very lucky to have men and women on our side that can step up to the plate when needed. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around that - especially after watching that video. Amazing.

Scotty said...

Amazing how one single event can effect so many people, for so many years.