21 September, 2007

The Bigger the Better?

We must, we must....we must increase our bust. 
 
Why?
 
I always wondered why we, as 6th and 7th grade girls would perform this chant.  What was the point?
 
The bigger the better...
 
Now this I seriously doubt.  Why do women want to have big chests?  And what is big?  Does size have anything to do with how sexy or feminine we are? 
 
Everyone I talk to has a different idea as to what is "big."  I have also found that men truly don't know what their desired "size" is  - they simply know it when they see it. 
 
I never saw an issue with the size of my chest.  I have friends that are able to go without a bra every day of the week - no one knows and no one cares.  I have other friends who make me look small - amazing in itself. 
 
Oh how I would love for that to be me - to be able to go without... sigh!   
 
Or honestly, to be able to wear the shirts that have the shelf bras... or the strappy little sundresses... *sigh*
 
Instead I get to deal with dresses that fit in front but gap in back because I have to shop to fit my cup size rather than my more narrow back. 
 
I get to hunt for anything that is even slightly sexy and yet offers support because they just don't make pure lace and sexy bras in my size that are reasonably priced. 
 
And I get to argue with men over the actual size of my breasts.  I find this highly amusing. 
 
"They have to be bigger than that."
(But they aren't)
 
Sometimes I think that men, despite not having breasts of which to speak, are more knowledgeable about breast than am I.  
 
Sad, but true.  
 
"That guy" and his roommate attempted to determine which fruit best represented the size of my breasts the first time they saw me.  I was unaware of this for a number of years - blissfully I might add!  I have never truly thought of breasts in terms of fruit, but whatever.  They had a great time, I am sure, trying to figure it out.
 
... the tighter the sweater, the boys are counting on us. 
 
Is bigger truly better?  Sure, I get loads of attention - more than I realize at times, due to the size of my breasts and the way my clothes fit as a result, but... I am not sure that bigger is truly better. 
 
Men, bless their hearts, talk about their desire for this or that size breast (and some prefer smaller breasts, no doubt about it), yet, they have proven themselves to be of great substance and defy the stereo type of being completely superficial.  
 
They fall in love with women for themselves - seeing the quality of the person within and then... spend time observing  and seeking pictures on the internet - after all, old habits die hard and... there is no harm in looking!
 
 

18 comments:

Bre said...

Mine were bigger - much much much bigger up until a few years ago when I had them cut down to size. Don't get me wrong, they aren't small now - but compared to what they were? It's a downright miracle! Best decision I ever made!

Eric said...

I normally do not comment much, but when we talk about breasts, ass or naked chicks, I can't resist.

Most guys want girls with big chests. I have never understood this. I do not think it is sexy at all. Eventually they are going to sag and look like shit. No thanks. I would rather have a woman with a smaller, but more firm, chest. That is so much better.

However, there is such a thing as too SMALL as well. If she has smaller boobs than me than no thanks.

Aaron said...

I'm an equal-opportunity-flirt. I've dated women with small, HUGE and somewhere inbetween. Bigger isn't always better and real > fake.

I've noticed there is a lot of boob talk on your blog. You're especially proud of yours, aren't you? :D

Unknown said...

It's the definiton of infinity, you know EO.

Infinity has no bounds, eg: the extent of men's interest in breasts.

Always have been interested, always will be interested, am interested right now.

Infinite interest. Breasts.

The Exception said...

Bre - There are times when bigger, in this case, is definitely not better. I am glad that you are happy with your decision and feel great!

DRB - They do not all become saggy, you know! I agree though, not everyone likes big and not everyone likes small. It is unfortunate that girls know such a song as they might believe that bigger is better.

Aaron - Hum... I was unaware that I had mentioned them that much but... then again, you can't get too much of a good thing! (Just ask Wombat!)


But why Wombat? What is the fascination? You guys have them too.

Anonymous said...

I remember in sixth grade when the girls would all do this chant in a huddle in the change room after gym class. I never once joined in out of fear that if it actually did work I'd topple over and never be able to stand upright again.

Anonymous said...

I have never understood the adage of "bigger is better" when it comes to breasts ... hence I had mine made smaller

can you believe that one of the young interns actually asked me, during a pre-op consultation: "why are you doing this? don't all women want big boobs??"

dumbass!!

Anonymous said...

breasts are beautiful...i could never get tired of looking at them, thinking about them, touching them, kissing them etc. However they come with a package and the package is more important.

Ryan said...

I'm perfectly happy with the size of my breasts thank you.

And everyone elses.....

Unknown said...

The answer is right there in front of you, EO.

Breasts are warm, and soft, and smell nice, and have personality, and move seductively and are attached to women.

Kennethwongsf said...

I do worry about size--the size of a woman's self esteem. In my experience, if that's too low, no push-up bra can raise that, and no extra cup size can fill that void.

Anonymous said...

you'd never heard them referred to as "melons"?

I personally don't see the big deal with blobs of fat with a nipple attached, but men seem to like them, what kennethsf said above me is what I like to hear

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Exception said...

Ruby - That is funny. I never did the chant either... the odds were in my favor and, well, I didn't understand the point.

Kathryn - Bigger is definitely not what we all want - though I must admit that it seems that bigger is a more popular operation than is reduction.

I just can't believe he said that!!

Kenneth - I like the way you think!

I do think that size can impact a woman's self confidence - whether it should or not is a different story.

BD - Men... sigh... it is difficult to figure them out!

Things are definitely more clear now Wombat - so men like them because they are attached to women... and the size truly doesn't matter?! ;)