14 September, 2007

Do Over

There are times when I want to turn back time and have a "do over.
 
I said something I should not have said, didn't say something I should have said, or... well, I just want to have another go at it. 
 
I want to throw a flag on the field, call time out, and - have a  do over."
 
Most of the time I can live without having the ability to do things over if I so desire. 
 
I might end up regretting something I said or feeling the heat of embarrassment that comes with such a memory.  I might kick myself for not saying this or doing that, but I get over it. 
 
I simply move on. 
 
The "do overs" that I truly wish I could do over are the events that have the potential to turn out "great" and simply... don't. 
 
A conversation with a guy with whom I feel chemistry and then... something is thrown off - not intentionally, but in a controllable manner.  I want to stop action and call a "do over."  I want to see if I can get it right. 
 
Forgetting to make an adjustment or a change to a report and having a manager catch it.  I made the change, did not note the change with my team, and want to turn back the clock just a minute for a "do over."
 
Then there is the desire to have a "do over" in the bedroom. 
 
The "do over" could be because it was just so great, I want to try that one again...
 
But more often  it is because things just went "weird."
 
I was right there; he was right there; everything was fine and then...
 
"Can I have a do over?"

9 comments:

Michael C said...

Do overs would be great. There have been many a time when I could have used one. We'll just say that not having them builds our character so we feel better about it...

Anonymous said...

I absolutely vote for the do-over - it works in playground games, so why not adult life??

cathouse teri said...

Naw... do-overs are overrated! I like do-agains!

egan said...

I like the idea of a sexual do-over, but I think I'm with Teri on this. There are tons of peeps to "meet".

Bre said...

Oh there are many times when I feel just that same way!

Tom Guy said...

Sexual do-overs... like a mulligan for golf. The first time you do it just to do it non judgementally and ignoring the miscues and the screw ups. Then you get the do-over where it really counts.

I like the sounds of that!

Ryan said...

I think I just like the sound of doing it over, and over, and over again....

If only certain people had 'do overs' they would be perfect and everyone would despise them for it.

You're lucky you can't do things over.

Carrie said...

I'd love the possibility of a 'do-over'... It's like an instantaneous second chance :)

RunninOnEmpty said...

details please!!!