01 January, 2008

Home At Last

In the past 10 days, I have traveled 4000 miles by plane, just over 1000 miles by car, and have stayed in three different hotels and visited three different cities.

I had great plans for this holiday. I was going to blog, see friends, read books, and rework my resume. But, things didn't work out as planned. I did read a few books as I spent my holiday attempting to overcome a monster cold I caught while spending time with my brother and his kids which was nice, but the rest... Well, it just didn't happen.
I remembered the stress that comes with Christmas in my family, and the relaxation that comes when Boxing day arrives!

I swallowed a dose of my sister-in-law the saint, which normally doesn't bother me... but, coupled with the stress and the cold...it was a tad over the top/more than I could handle.

I spent 24 hours a day for most of the ten days with the Diva - morning, noon, and night. I think we spent about 5 hours apart. (I am looking forward to returning to work/school tomorrow.

I remembered why I love Virginia; I remembered why I love Arizona.

I rediscovered an appreciation for all that I have and all that I call home!
I am so happy to be spending the first night of 2008 in my own home!
(Now I just need to find that guy to share the year with me)



Happy 2008!!

9 comments:

TAG said...

Welcome home.

It will be nice to read your blog again. Hope Santa was good to you and the diva.

TAG

Scorpy said...

Welcome back :) I didn't think the U.S had Boxing Day. I thought it was a purely British and Commonwealth (read - Colonial) holiday.

Mike said...

I love a lot of people, but no one I want to spend 24/7 with for extended periods of time. Feel better and Happy New Year.

Jeni said...

Seems like we each had the same yucky plague over the holidays - a rotten, nasty cold! Which doesn't help ANYTHING much less trying to read, be around people, socialize, be nice and friendly -yadda,yadda -you know what I mean there. And all that travel really saps your strength and energy too so I bet you really are very happy and overjoyed to be back home - ready to have a good run at the new year now. Here's wishing you all the best of luck in finding that certain someone to share the important things with of your life, his and the Diva's. Just don't look so long and hard that you don't see the forest for the trees though.
Now, set about to have a very Happy New Year -with lots of peace and prosperity in all respects.

RunninOnEmpty said...

Welcome home! Good luck finding that man in 2008, I'll be on the hunt with ya :) Where in AZ did you go?

Seven Seas said...

Sounds like a busy Christmas. Traveling is fun, but no where sleeps as good as your own bed.

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Well here's to sleeping in your own bed. :)

Happy New Year!

Scotty said...

Doesnt that always happen... where you plan on doing close to nothing and relaxing. Then when vacation is over you wonder where it went!

Glad youre back :)

The Exception said...

Happy New Year everyone!!

Boxing day is not an American thing, but it is easier than saying "the day after Christmas!" There are somethings about British customs that I like!

In Arizona I visited the mountains and Tucson and the area between Demming, NM and Tucson...

It is so wonderful to be home...A great new year lies ahead!!!