21 December, 2007

Santa Baby

Every once in a while a song gets under my skin.  It tingles through my veins and... without warning, I find myself not only singing along but dancing.  I have been known to do this in public and in private with varying degrees of enthusiasm.  It is as if the music casts a sort of spell over me leaving me dancing with joy, just like a kid!
 
I have to admit that Santa Baby was not one of these songs. 
 
I did not like the versions that I heard.  They were a bit too cheesecake... a bit too sexy if you will.  They were a tad over the top for my taste. 
 
And then, I heard my favorite porcine diva sing her version.  Miss Piggy is far from too sexy and cheesecake.  She is quite the pig!  (And I happen to be a big fan of the muppets)
 
Yesterday, as I dressed,  I was listening to the Muppets.  Miss Piggy started singing her version of Santa Baby... and it happened.  I found myself dancing and singing - in quite the sexy and fun under things I might add...
 
Inspired by Piggy, I created my own version of the song.  My rendition is all in fun, yet captures the light hearted sense of fun I had yesterday while playing with the music. 
 
 
Santa baby, slip a man under the tree, for me
I've been an awfully good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a Trip to Australia in First class will do
I'll take anywhere  without snow, my dear
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo

Santa honey, I wanna limo and really that's
Not a lot
I've been an angel all year
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie, there's one thing I really do need, indeed
To ease my frazzled mind...
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, fill my stocking with a boy toy (or two)
Chemistry, talent, and humor will do
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and make my Christmas wish come true
With a lover that has a clue (about the things he should do)
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, I don't need a ring
Just a friend with great hands you see,
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight
 
 
 
Here's wishing everyone a very happy holiday!!

12 comments:

Scotty said...

Ha! I liked the 'boy toy' part ;)

One of my favorites this year is 'Christmas Wrapping' by the Waitresses.

I know, a bit lame, but I don't care!

M said...

it's one of my favourites too :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Miss Piggy version!! :D

Anonymous said...

That is a good one, I also like River by Sarah Maclachlan

Jeni said...

Love Miss Piggie too! Yes, MOI does! That song though - now you've done it - you've given me an earworm! I'll have that song rolling around in my head now till I go to sleep and very well may wake up with it there as well! Not that there's really anything wrong with that though.

Airam said...

Merry Christmas! Miss Piggy IS the diva of all divas!

Seven Seas said...

Great song, little innuendo in the chimney chorus.

Merry Christmas!!

Kennethwongsf said...

I have the version sung by Madonna--very hot! It makes the blatant materialism of the song almost forgivable.

Kat Wilder said...

Santa left some of that under my tree ...

hope he left some under yours as well! (the Diva will have to wait a few years).

Merry and Happy!

Scorpy said...

Ho, Ho, Ho ;)

Have a great New Year to :)

Carrie said...

A hahaha; that's a much better version if I do say so myself!

Aaron said...

Nice new lyrics.

I must admit, I despise Christmas music. It doesn't mean I'm a scrooge. It just means that I worked retail too many years and we got sick of hearing Christmas music after you've been listening to it since Halloween.