14 January, 2008

A Piece Of My Past

While at my parents house, my mom brought out something I wrote over 20 years ago. It was interesting to remember a brief moment in my young teen age years.
Eruptions
thunderheads crashed into view
A furious gale shoves them brutally
Lightening bolts blaze with anger
Raindrops are shot down
destroying all reasoning and compassion
Waves explode against the shore
Recklessly overturning huge rocks
Spurting sand spraying over
Any object unlucky enough to be in its
Way
It listens to nothing
As it pounds the shore
Never ending, never dying
the wood burst into flames
Licking and gobbling the woods
Burning and blazing angrily
but, the anger can be diminished
By a splash of apology
and a sprinkle of true understanding

6 comments:

JustRun said...

How dramatic.

Scotty said...

I like reading old stuff I wrote :)

Aaron said...

Do you remember how old you were when you wrote that? I thought that was an interesting way to describe a fire.

I think I'll post one I wrote a few years ago.

Aaron said...

Ah!

I just looked and couldn't find it! I'll have to dig through some old CDs and see if I've got it burned there...

Michael C said...

Wow. That is impressive regardless of what age it was written.

The Exception said...

I think that I was about 14 or 15 when I wrote it... and it was most likely the last poem I wrote. It was an award winner. But... I can't even imagine writing like that anymore... poetry is just... like I said, it was probably the last I wrote. Stories are easier than poems these days.