27 February, 2008

Lace

I love lacy things.
 
I like the way they look and feel.  I like all the colors and the femininity.  And... I have to admit that I like the way that men often behave when they see them - especially when they are being worn. 
 
It is kind of a contradiction - woman in full business dress or buttoned up, must hide femininity attire, wearing... lace.  It is like her little secret.  That little reminder to herself that above and beyond anything that is seen on the outside, she is 100% woman on the inside. 
 
Perhaps it is the mischievous part of my personality, but I am amused with the idea of how men would react if they stopped for a second, just one little second, and contemplated what might lie beneath the clothing women wear.  I do not encourage this, but I am sure that men do it anyway, right? 
 
I mean, women do it... we wonder, when having fun with friends, about the types of underwear this or that man prefers.  SO I am sure that men, from time to time, stop to wonder what lies beneath the pin stripe suit or the black shift. 
 
I do like lace, and so, I have a lot of it, including a beautiful coffee and cream set and a tiger print set that are new. 
 
The other night, as I sat typing at the computer, the Diva came downstairs giggling.  I didn't turn around as I was anticipating one of her jokes - she is very fond of creating her own at the moment.
 
She prompted me to turn around and "look!"
 
Apparently the Diva likes my lace too!
 
(At least she has great taste!)

7 comments:

Scotty said...

I am sure that men do it anyway
Yep :)

Please post pics ;)

Michael C said...

Yes, lace is nice. Very nice.

Michael C said...

I mean on a woman. In case my last comment need clarification.

Aaron said...

So true... I know I behave much differently when I'm wearing it, too.

Aaron said...

er...

Anonymous said...

ha! funny!

I have to admit, I like lace but generally only for strategic purposes. :) I don't like the scratchy-ness.

The Exception said...

Scotty - I thought about it but wasn't sure what to post. I can't post me in it, ya know. Aaron would never let me hear the end of such a move! ;)

MC - Yes, it is nice. Who knows, you might look great in it... apparently Aaron does! ;)

Aaron - See comments above. ;) Do you prefer the animal print or the solids?

JR - She just thinks that it is pretty or "cute" as she puts it. She gave me quite the show.

Strategic purposes, yes. I must admit that I don't wear as much of it as I used to due to physical activities!