14 February, 2008

Men, How DO I Love Thee... Let Me Count The Ways

Today is Valentine's Day...
 
ah, the day that the "market" suggests that we celebrate love...and a day when a percentage of men get in loads of trouble.
 
To be frank, I don't know many men who like Valentine's day, especially those who are involved with a womanThus, I dedicate this post to men... whether they like the day or not... whether they get in trouble today or not... this post is for men because, I love men. Not only are they some of my greatest and closest friends, but I believe that they are an amazing part of my life. I love working with them, sharing my life with them, and can't imagine a world without them.
 
Without further ado, here are a few reasons why I love men (feel free to leave your own in comments!)
 
Shoulders - Men have these fabulous shoulders.  Broad or not, those shoulders have the ability to pillow a head, absorb tears, or carry children when they are no longer able to walk.
 
Intelligence - An intellect that differs from mine or that of most women.  men bring something to the table in their perspective and their collective experience.  They simply think differently.  I love that.
 
Mr. Fix-It - Although this is one of the more frustrating aspects of a man, it is also one of the things I love - his desire to "fix-it."  I don't just mean the sink, car, or a calculation.  I mean everything.  When he sees something wrong or someone he loves hurt, he wants to fix it and becomes frustrated when he can't.  Perhaps it is a function of the knight in shining armor syndrome - to save the princess or to make her world right. 
 
Humor - Sometimes juvenile, sometimes sharp, other times subtle... men can be funny.  Sometimes the humor borders on ridiculous, but still, they enjoy laughter and demonstrating the little boy inside each whenever possible.  They can tell the kids jokes better than any adult woman I know - and actually enjoy the telling.  
 
Trivia - There is nothing like a man when it comes to remembering the little details that everyone else forgets!
 
Boy Inside - There is something about that little boy inside of many men that melts my heart.  That sheepish grin, the little shuffle...the desire to make things right even when they know things are terribly wrong.  That little boy can get the man into mischief beyond belief, but he can also be as charming and loving as can be. 
 
Hands - Ah, there is so much that I could say about a man's hands.  Gentle and yet strong, firm and yet giving... men have capable hands.  When I stop to think about the things a man can do with his hands... from handy work around the house, to fiddling with a car, to playing an instrument, to cooking or key boarding, or dancing, or massaging, or caressing.... *sigh*  Okay, I have a thing for a man's hands. 
 
The Tab - I happen to be a fan of the Tab.  There is truly nothing like the real thing in this regard, and the real thing only comes with a man attached!
 
I could go on and on with the different things that I like about men, both specifically and in general.  The reality is simple, I love men!  I would never want to live in a world or a society with out them. 
 
To all the men I know and love... and even those I don't know...
 
Happy Valentine's Day
  

13 comments:

Kat Wilder said...

Nice!
I love men, too, and I love the "child inside the man."
I wish "society" embraced that side of them (and I don't mean the frat boy obnoxiousness). When my son is being his goofy self, it's absolutely so lovable. I hope he never loses that.

Hope a good one with all the qualities you love comes your way ... soon!

Mike said...

The tab? Now that's a new one.

JustRun said...

I love this. And I love men, too. For all those reasons and, like you said, so many more.

Scotty said...

Good post Exception :)

I had never heard of the 'tab' either..

Which trait would be at the top of your list?

Balou said...

Well said! Hands, eyes and teeth are the big three in my book.

The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

I'll take that Happy Valentine's Day! If that's all I can get from anyone today then I will take it. =)

Anything is better than nothing.

Kathryn said...

shoulders, absolutely the shoulders

*sigh*

and the geekiness

not clear what the tab is though?

Aaron said...

Mr. Fix-It: Thanks for recognizing that. Some of us have a hard time turning off that switch.

Carrie said...

Right on sista; I've learned to let the men in my life 'fix' the tangible things in my life; like my tv/shower head/ikea stuff... it keeps the peace and let's me not worry about it!

Carrie said...

Right on sista; I've learned to let the men in my life 'fix' the tangible things in my life; like my tv/shower head/ikea stuff... it keeps the peace and let's me not worry about it!

Carrie said...

PS: GREAT post. HERE HERE to men!

teahouse said...

So what's the tab?

And I spent my Valentine's Day throwing up..my man was there for me the whole time. I heart men!!

The Exception said...

Kat - I hope your son never loses that quality either. I think that there is a good chance that he won't given most of the behaviors of the men I know!! ;)

Mike - I thought it was a different way to express an old idea!

JR - There are just so many reasons! ;)

Scotty - I do really like the Tab... and hands, wow... I like hands, smile is really big with me as well as eyes and voice. I can't pick one that is at the top of the list because there really isn't a list and... well, a man is a whole package!

Balou - All nice features... smile and eyes... and hair...just so many things from which to choose.

Reawakening - I do hope that you had a nice day... It is just a silly day but, it seems to have such an impact. My daughter and I dressed to impress (hearts for her, red dress for me) but we were the only ones. Such an unusual celebration.

Kathryn - The "Tab" is a little word I used for penis in an earlier (way earlier) post about men having agendas in the bedroom. Place Tab A into slit B...that kind of thing.

Aaron - You guys are naturals at trying to make everything better. I am not sure that you could be any different. My dad learned, at some point, that when it came to people, the way he could fix it best was to sit and listen. Other men I know want to fix everything so much that they fix ways to avoid or not think about it. ;)

I do love men!

Carrie - Here's to men... for all that they are!

Teahouse - I hope you are feeling better now. He sounds like a keeper!