04 April, 2008

I love...

Because it is the Friday of a fabulously exciting week, I want to attempt to write this.  I first saw such a list written by Brookem and then saw another written by Brandy and still another by Just Run.  I don't know that mine will be as delightful, but I thought it was worth a shot!  Love is always worth talking about anyway so... here goes...
 
I love laughing, the kind of laughter that tickles as it bubbles through my throat.  The kind that comes out of no where in response to something that is unexpected and definitely funny.  The little giggles and chuckles that cause my lips to twitch into a bewitching or flirtatious smile alerting all men that something unexpected is about to happen.
 
I love the clicking of my heels on sun lit floors and the feeling of a cool breeze through my hair and on my skin.  I love lying in a puddle of sunlight on a cool day and the theater of a thunderstorm on a warm summer night.  
 
I love the first flowers that bloom just when winter seems as if it will never end, the sound of the wind in the trees, and waking to the songs of birds.  I love sleeping with windows open, the feel of a patchwork quilt made by my mom's hands, and the sound of the surf.
 
I love popping a piece of Gianduja in my mouth and letting it melt.  I love ice tea, unsweetened and the smell of the south in the spring and the desert after it rains.  I love looking from the top of a mountain and seeing the land - the colors and the vegetation - as it spreads out before me.  I love the purplish bluish color of distant mountains and traveling through canyons.  I love sailing - just the wind, the sails, the sun... nature everywhere.  I love walking into airports and hearing all the destination; the feeling that everything is just a flight away.      
 
I love the way butterflies shimmer and dance in the wind or on the pedals of flowers.  I love dogs with wonderfully wagging tails that seem to wiggle through their entire body.  I love cat's coats, whiskers, tails, and the rumbling sound of a happy purr.  
 
I love challenges and change, knowing that there are opportunities everywhere when I am ready to find them.  I love mysteries, legal thrillers, and books that leave me laughing out loud in pure delight.  I love innovative thinking; discovering so many different perspectives.  I love people, there stories, their ideas, and the diversity that exists everywhere.  I love language, its nuances and flexibility.  I love a phrase well turned and pros beautifully written.  (and the music of it all) 
 
I love fresh, vine ripened, in season, tomatoes with mozzarella and basil, pasta al dente, and homemade ice cream.  And I can't forget fresh peaches.  The peaches that are at least 85% juice and can only be found during the summer.  There is nothing like such a peach- melt in your mouth, mouth watering goodness!  Fresh strawberries are actually just as good!
 
I love the feel of my body after a good work out.  I love the way I feel after a well deserved good night's sleep.  I love first kisses, creativity, and holding hands.  I loved kisses on my neck, fingers in my hair, and the flush talented hands can bring to my skin.  I love farmers markets.  I love fresh bagels and the smells of baking.  I love "just because" shopping.  I love tank tops and dresses with sandals, and the freshest strawberries!
 
I love late night chats, long lunches, comfortable silences.  
 
I love Fridays and Mondays, and each day in between.  I love that when I am less than in love with my life... I can change it!
 
And I love that I am writing this at work instead of doing something that I probably should be doing.  I have loved this week with its adventure and intrigue, its conversations and ideas, its weird weather...and I loved doing this.   

8 comments:

Aaron said...

I love that absolute strangers nag me to do this meme. :P

Jeni said...

And, among the many things I love is to sit back at my computer and read the great way you and many other of my favorite bloggers string words together so seamlessly, so beautiful, casual but serious at the same time. The only drawback to all this is in turn, I envy.

The Exception said...

NB - Aaron, can't wait to read yours!!

Jeni - I know exactly what you mean! (and thanks)

teahouse said...

How lovely!

Your words made me feel that there was an actual peach melting in my mouth...

Kennethwongsf said...

I'm glad you did this. We tend to forget the little things in life that make it worthwhile. Once in a while, we should take an inventory like you just did.

My neighborhood pasta place has that Caprese dish with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil--my favorite appetizer on their menu.

enigma said...

And I love that you are writing this at are work instead of doing something that you probably should be doing.Not.
Virgos need to play, go differant places and laugh...its food for our soul.

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT. I love these lists, and I love the mood it puts us in when we do it.

megabrooke said...

you rocked this list! didnt you love doing it?!