04 September, 2008

Dry Spell

"How long has it been?"
"nearly 4 weeks I think"  I am not sure really as my mind, on this issue, is a bit fuzzy.  It has just been a while; too long I think - or I know!
 
Just as August proved to be an unusually dry month in the DC area, things in my love life have been on the dry side as well. 
 
"Have you done anything about it?"
 
This question boggles my mind.  I mean yes, we are all capable of taking matters into our own hands and quenching that thirst/ending the dry spell.  But it isn't the same.  Sometimes taking care of business can prove to be less satisfying than just letting it stand as is.  When you want a particular kind of satisfaction, such things can not fulfill that desire.  It just is not the same.  
 
The DC area has enjoyed a bit of rain of late with more expected as a result of the storms in the Atlantic.  Yet, my dry spell will most likely not end any time soon.  I am not sure how I feel about it.  I mean, it is what it is.  
 
I will just have to find other means of exhausting my creative energy! 

9 comments:

Mike said...

Uhh what are we talking about? Like the new layout. Two thumbs up.

Mama Llama said...

Only four weeks?! :)

It's not easy, and the energy build up does lead to the necessity of, well, finding creative manners of release.

Looks like we just might get some more rain--I pray it gets stormy; that is incredibly stimulating to me.

Be well.

The Exception said...

Mike - Are you seeing the "white" or the "Pencil" look? It changes depending on the computer and the time of day!

ML - I love, love, love the rain and am hoping for a very dark and stormy day once my daughter and I return from ballet!

Ah the creative energy that stems from such periods...

said...

Is that what its called? Creative energy? Sheesh! Maybe I should be writing novels by now...

dadshouse said...

Use "The Secret". The postman will ring twice.

(Dry spells suck! Hope it ends soon)

Mike said...

Hey you're right. I like the pencil look. That's pretty weird. Is this blog now like a mood ring. Changing according to your moods although I think I like the underwear indicator best. I hope that was you. LOL.

The Exception said...

Mike - Yeah... it just changes now and again for whatever reason. I have yet to figure it out!

And yes, the underwear status was... me! ;)

Brunhilda said...

Ack. I know what you mean. Sometimes self satisfaction just doesn't cut it. Here's hoping you get some real intimacy soon!

Susan said...

Oh, boy. If you mean 4 weeks like I THINK you mean 4 weeks, I say enjoy the calm and the time to yourself. Um, however, you want to "enjoy" it, that is!

I've gone through 2 year dry spells and, believe me, THAT's hard. Maybe, as T said, that is why I started a novel?! :)