24 November, 2008

My Diva Just Ran Her First 5K (Yea Diva) and This is Not About That!

         I was recently asked to write how my daughter would describe me.  What a question and a challenge.  I have no clue how my daughter would describe me.  I mean, we are talking no clue whatsoever.

So I asked her.

You are tall and have brown hair... and I stopped her.

"What about who I am?  Let’s try a different one."  I asked her to describe her stuffed dog.

He is warm and cuddly and fun...

Exactly!!  You are describing who he is to you.

Now describe grandma. 

  She loves to read.  She quilts.  She enjoys her job.  She is sweet...

Seriously, my mom, sweet?

Sometimes, the Diva informs me.

Okay... but is that who she is or is that what she does?

Let's think about who a person is.

What about Daddy?

He is funny, he is a great cook.  He knows a lot of words.  And he is always on the phone... Super Text Man!!

*sigh* this is not getting me very far.

How would you describe me?  She asks as we near the house and the end of the conversation.

You are passionate and compassionate, energetic, loving, generous, intelligent, creative...

 

I love you mamma.

I love you too sweetie (and yet, I still have no idea how to answer the question)

 

 

 

5 comments:

dadshouse said...

We don't know either! lol

You are mysterious and eclectic, march to your own beat. How's that.

I haven't seen you in a teddy, so I don't know how warm and cuddly you are...

Mama Llama said...

She is VERY warm and cuddly...and no, I haven't seen her in a teddy, either--JA!

Be well, both.

Anonymous said...

I think at her age I saw my mom in a similar way, just mom. All good, all unique, and not yet wise enough to be able to verbalize it. You're her world-- that's a hard thing to put into words.

And cuddly, too, I'm sure. :)

said...

Ran her first 5K?!?! Sheesh!! I'm doing that Thursday morning with my mom. I can't imagine my daughter doing it (though I've never invited her to do it with me... hmmmm....).

Yes, I agree with Just Run.

You are her world.

I should ask my two the same question!

Have the T-shirt said...

At least she didin't spout off immediately with, "You're bossy, overbearing, bull headed, annoying and completely ignorant."

I imagine she has much nicer words she would assign to you.

5K! Way to go Diva.