23 November, 2009

Thanksgiving Week Already???

It is difficult for me to believe that it is already Thanksgiving week.  It is already time for two days of holiday and two days of theater.  And it is time for DC to get cold.  I don’t know why this happens but DC tends to get cold for Thanksgiving – and sometimes it just stays cold until March!

I have been moving, non-stop- for days now and yet, I am not sure that I have anything to show for it.  

Is my Christmas shopping done?  Better yet, is it even started?

Are reservations for dinner on Friday made as we are meeting friends for dinner and then the Christmas Carol?

It is already the end of November and I have done… none of the above.  

I have spent time with family.

I have watched a wonderful ballet class in which my daughter did so very well.  

I have attended meetings, sent e-mail, and taken care of this and that at work.  

I have delighted in the stress-free zone that is my home and in the laughter of my daughter.  

Yet I feel – better yet – I know that there are things that need to be completed and there are things that are slipping through my fingers.  Time is passing quite quickly, and I do not have the means to slow it down and take care of the little details.  

I wonder if living in the moment is often like this – so in the moment that one forgets the other things that need to be done?  Living in the moment doesn’t always include a plan… like when do I find snow boots?  or take care of open enrollment?  Or make that pizza I keep thinking I want to make?

I suppose that the little things will, in the end, take care of themselves.  They will get done – and I will be the one that does them.  I can’t say that I would rather have been doing anything else than what I have been doing… living life and loving family time… and anticipating a wonderful Nutcracker and a great DC Thanksgiving vacation!

1 comment:

dadshouse said...

I try to live in the moment, and it's true that some little things drop away as not being important at all. The meaningful stuff will be there and get your attention when it's time.

Have a great Thanksgiving week!