24 October, 2007

Strip Tease

I have a few very close women friends, but most of my time is spent with men.  Now, if you are like me, with lots of male friends, you realize that anything and everything can be considered a topic of conversation. 
 
Let me back up a second as that last sentence might not be completely correct.  I have seen men play it one of two ways (and there may be others).  They consider you a woman and act accordingly (which is probably not as much fun as the next option) or... they forget that you are a woman to some extent and consider you to be "one of the guys."  
 
I enjoy being one of the guys!
 
As one of the guys, I hear all about a variety of topics that I usually do not discuss with my female friends such as strip clubs.  
 
Yesterday, as I was scrambling online to purchase my very picky Diva jeans, I received a phone call.  
 
"I was reading something about strip clubs in the area - a man wanted to know if there were any clubs where his  wife might be comfortable accompanying him.  I was wondering if you would ever do something like that - go to a strip club with a guy."
 
The question was a bit out of context.  I was watching the clock, searching for the "right" jeans for a nearly 8 year old, and this question... well, it just didn't fit.  
 
"No"  I stated and continued my shopping.  
 
"You wouldn't go to a club with a guy?"  He sounded a bit surprised.  
 
I put my shopping on hold for a minute and considered his question.  Would I, in actuality, go to a club should my significant other want me to join him?
 
Women, what would you do?
Men, Would you want to share such an outing with your significant other?
 
I know, quite the tease, but I couldn't resist this title!  Stay tuned as tomorrow I will give you my answer.   

6 comments:

JustRun said...

I don't think I would. As a woman, I think all the thinking and analyzing and questioning would over shadow anything a man might want me to appreciate about the place.
That's a very simple answer, I could probably go on and on.

Aaron said...

Call me a traditionalist, but I can't forsee any reason why I would want to goto the shoe-show, much less invite my significant-other with me.

And why would a wife consider such a thing? What is the guy trying to say? "Sorry, honey, you just don't do it for me. I need to lust over someone else for a few bills."

Blame it on my up-bringing, but I never got the point. So, how do you feel about it? :)

Anonymous said...

Ok- I admit that I've been to strip clubs with male friends a few times in my younger years. But I was young and stupid and it is definitely not a place that I frequent now. I could never go with a significant other. I think it would make me feel jealous and really affect my self esteem. Maybe it would work for some couples, but it is definitely not my cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

my dream would be for my significant other to work at one of those places. that'd be win/win.

The Exception said...

JR - I see your point about over analyzing etc. I would have to suspend that aspect of my personality. Though, to be frank, I would probably wonder what men see in it and have many questions about their thinking etc. And there is the aspect of objectifying women - a lot of different issues to consider.

Aaron - Ah, the traditionalist! The club scene is something I have never experienced (men or women stripping, it doesn't matter) so I can relate to you on that point. As for why men go and why they might want to take a woman... that may be more subjective in nature with every man having their own reasons.

Beth - Another side of that is that the guy is so comfortable with the woman that he feels comfortable sharing with her - it isn't about those women being more beautiful or more sexy, but about sharing something he enjoys watching (for whatever reason). In the end, it is probably pretty situation and person dependent.

LB - That would be your perfect world eh?! You know, here (in the states) they have classes that teach women to do different tings... like a strip tease. I have never been but I have heard they are kind of fun. Perhaps they have them there too? ;)

Enigma said...

My ex owned a strip club, it was an interesting experiance.