05 November, 2007

Dreams

What do you say when your nearly eight year old says: 
 
"She is making it hard for me to keep my dream."
 
This is what the Diva told me last Thursday...
 
In the midst of lost pictures, a computer virus, and stuff, she said something which broke my heart.  
 
"We can change schools..."
 
"On the outside, I want to leave but on the inside I want to stay."
 
And yesterday - "If I don't become a ballerina, I want to create hair styles."
 
And if she changes dreams, I want it to be because she wants a different life not because of the attitudes of teachers. 

2 comments:

JustRun said...

Awww, I cannot imagine what a parent must think at those times.

M@ said...

I love how children set their sights lower. Firemen, cops, hair stylists, etc.

At one point, I think I wanted to be work at CVS when I grew up. That's where they keep the candy, after all.