29 February, 2008

An Exceptional Celebration

About a year ago
The Exception got its start
To mark a year of writing, reading, and posting
I offer a short tribute - on a lark

A is abundant assets
I have them as do each of you
Aaron teases me when I write about mine
Though I speak nothing that isn't true!

B is Bueno Morning
or Buona mattina if you like
When the sun peeks over the mountains or sheds first light on the sea,
it creates quite a site.

C is Canadian
scattered from East to West,
Ruby, Kathryn, Carrie and Brandy
A few of Canada's best.

D drifts aimlessly on seven seas,
it lives An Uncommon Life,
With profound thoughts and well drafted pros
Each lives a passionate life.

E is not just an Everyday Stranger
It is exciting and energetic as well
An Enigma at its best
It has stories only it can tell.

Fun and Fashionable is letter F
They are Northeastern women at their best
Bre, Brookem and Teahouse
Style, intellect, and all the rest.

She's not just Beautiful, she's Gorgeous
This Beautiful Disaster that is letter G
Kids, divorce, X-hubby and wife, + a job
She's survived it all and found a new love, what a lady!

Ho hum, not even half way through,
this is more difficult than I thought
26 letters, a stanza for each...
Wow, that's quite a lot.

I is introspective and intriguing
It's James and Mia, or each on their own,
If you like topics that sometimes boggle the mind...
Mars will be your home.

Just Run, Just Live, Just Be
Just jump on over to her place
pictures and writing delight the pallet
One feels welcome in her space

Kat stirs things up on the west coast
while Wombat lights fires in the east
Women, Men, Life, Love, Sex... all topics you might find
Some calm while some bring out the savage beast.

Partake in liquid lavations?
Rejiggered is where you must visit
Personalized cocktails at the ready
the unique, the unusual, the martinis and the fizzes.

Men, how I love thee
,In Australia he takes the title
Sexy, charming, a great dad, and a way with words
When it comes to surviving with style, Scorpy has no rival.

N is no longer writing,
Those notably missed
Dead Man's Honda and In Pursuit of Strange
Just two from a long list.

Occupational hazard
That is what blogging tends to be
For many of us, blogs are blocked
For blogging at work, ins and outs, just ask Michael C.

P is Posts from the northern tear
An orchard, a cat, dogs, and a bird sanctuary
Music, humor and a myriad of topics
Thanks to Minnesota's own JACC

Quietly living in Georgia
Dave whittles away his time
posing questions and voicing his thoughts
(When he is not playing the back 9)

Rhyme and riddle I haven't seen,
but Kenneth is magic with words
the pictures he paints; the thoughts he conveys
I am lost in the moment, drifting and soaring like a bird

Seeking a specific T-Shirt?
She probably knows where it can be found
in addition to raising boys, experiencing life, and surviving it all
This woman is Korea bound.


Thoughts are what many posts are about
Kapgar, Croaker, Beth, and Teri make the list
As well as Indiana at the Dog's Name
Do tell, who can resist!

Unusual and Unique,
TAG brings it to your screen
butterflies, flowers, informational tid-bits
and Way Back Wednesday - everything in between.

Viva Virginia,
Mike knows how to shake it up
Parenting, dating, dancing, and singles
Oh, and coffee by the cup.


Without W there wouldn't be Willow,
near Jeni in New York
Mel in Melbourne, Cam Surfing, Emma in Spain,or Baloo,
Nearly time to celebrate, ready to pop the cork!

X is that forgotten letter
but it isn't so lucky here
Just as I can not forget
the lurkers who read my thoughts - sometimes not so clear.

You know I have missed a few
truly not be intent
there are just so many to enjoy
a fun way time can be spent.


Zany me, I have reached the end,
I am sure that you will agree
I read some pretty terrific blogs
and to think, some of them read... me!

Fifty-two weeks of posts
Twenty six letters complete
Here's to another year or writing, commenting, and people
hopefully one day I may meet!

Thanks to everyone who reads
thanks to all of those who share
Strangely enough, I can honestly say...
The Exception is an experience I cherish.

22 comments:

Dave said...

Whoa, that was a lot of work. Well done, and thanks for the plug.

Aaron said...

Nicely done and I got first mention, w00t!

P.S. Check your links, some of them are busted. Need to remove the "http://miamilf.blogspot.com" before some of them.

Carrie said...

That was lovely!! Very creative; nicely done!!

Bre said...

That was SO SO cute! I can't imagine the effort it would have taken! :)

Kathryn said...

happy 1 year anniversary!

and very creative ...

Jeni said...

Holy Rip, Girl! That would be an absolutely mind-boggling thing if I were to try to tackle a project such as this! How on earth long did it take you to pull that all together anyway? I'm thinking my hair falls out easily enough with the comb and brush - don't need me pulling it out, one strand at a time, as I would be doing, sitting in a corner, in total frustration over having hit a big brick wall!
But you did a super job for sure!

The Exception said...

Dave - It was fun too.

Aaron - But of course the links that didn't work would be those I typed in directly. Thanks and... they all work now!

Carrie - It was loads of fun.

Bre - Give it a go? You know, in all your free time!

Kathryn - I am just happy that it worked. It was much more of a challenge than I anticipated!

Jeni - The writing actually took a few hours when I felt inspired... it was the links that took forever!

TAG said...

I am greatly honored to be considered worthy of inclusion in such good company. Thank you much Exceptional Lady.

TAG

Enigma said...

What a cool poem, and very witty!!!
And i am honoured to be included, thank you TE.and i realised i owe you somthing...will send you an email.
And The exception is an experiance we all cherish, my dear:)

Michael C said...

First of all: congrats on the year. And second: this was truly, truly genius. So well done. I am blown away by your ability to compose this post!!!!

RunninOnEmpty said...

wow, how creative are you?? I'm flattered to be mentioned . . .

The Exception said...

TAG - You are in good company, and you round them out quite well.

Enigma - It was a delight to write, though now I can hardly believe that I did it!

MC - Your little entry was inspired. I thought O would be difficult until I remembered you! ;)

BD - But of course. It wouldn't be complete without you!

savannah said...

congratulations on 1 year! well done piece, sugar ;-)

megabrooke said...

How cool is this?! Thanks for the mention... you did such a great job with it!

Happy 1 year to your blog!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! You're awesome! Happy anniversary honey!

Kat Wilder said...

Congrats on reaching a milestone, and thank you, humbly, for including me.

People can say what they will about the impersonality of the Internet; I have found many voices and thoughts that have challenged me to be a better person and that have opened me up to a world beyond my own. You're one of them; thank you!

brandy said...

Wow. That? Was impressive. Seriously! Congrats on meeting the mark- here's to reaching many more!!

teahouse said...

What a lovely tribute to your friends!

Scotty said...

Wow, very very cool. And, I just checked and I started mine on Feb 20 of last year... so, we're basically soul mates. Or something like that. Which means, you have to post pics. Of course ;)

Scorpy said...

Thanks Hun, that was beautiful and well written. It's great to be introspective...I'm on the mend and will get back to blogging soon :)
PS: were you number 12? ;)

Seven Seas said...

Great work, Congrats on the anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I'm very impressed!! I liked it, it was very original :) Thanks for including me in it :)