20 February, 2008

Time

Right now I am feeling drained; pulled in so many different directions with everyone wanting something. So many wanting attention, energy, answers...

I am tired.

I can only give so much.

One of my weaknesses is that I give and give and give wanting to fulfill the needs and desires of others...

I give so much that I have little left for myself.

I often simply forget to give to myself - there just isn't time.

I need a break. I need to turn off my phone, arrange a sitter for the Diva, and I need to do something nice for me.

Calgon, take me away!

7 comments:

Aaron said...

Oh?

What's his name? :O

JustRun said...

Do it.

Scotty said...

Take me away too!

Dave said...

A left turn from the post: I thought Calgon was a dishwasher soap and had no idea what you meant by "Calgon tak me away" meant. A visit to Google and thence to Wikipedia have explained it all. Who says blogs aren't educatonal?

justacoolcat said...

Those calgon commercials were winners.

I wonder if it's the time of year or something, because I'm drained too and it seems like everyone I know is feeling drained, as well.

Enigma said...

T E, it is a virgo problem...i know I have said this before, but we really DO over-extend ourselves...and then get totally frazzled, give yourself permission for some time off, the world wont collapse, the diva wont fall apart..otherwise your soul will create a situationthat forses you to have a break.
if I was there i.d over extend my self..and mind the diva, clean your house, make a weeks worth of dinners to freeze, and book you into a hotel.

Kennethwongsf said...

I understand. It's difficult to unplug because, by doing so, you also have to disconnect yourself from those you'd like to stay in touch. I have the same problem because I'm self-employed, so my social and professional activities get mixed up. Shutting down one also means shutting down the other. But I guess I'm better at saying "no" when I've reached my limit, socially as well as professionally.