31 March, 2008

Playing Catch Up

It has been quite the week!!
 
Yesterday I finally had the chance to take a break, catch my breath, and do some catching up on reading and relaxing.  The rat race starts again when I get home from work this afternoon, but until then... here is a bit of catch up from last weeks posts!
 
To Each Their Own
Traffic isn't that great here, my friend commented from Florida.  Apparently being in Florida in August is a bit different than being there during tourist season!  Virginia looked a little better after experiencing Florida in its normal state!  (Though I don't think she has yet seen the bugs or all the old people!)
 
As for my part of Virginia.  I believe that this area used to be rolling hills.  My office sits on the highest point of Northern Virginia.  Now the area is dotted with patches of wood and old farms though it is primarily residential, businesses, and general living and working space.  One doesn't have to travel but five miles to find the rough rocks and the power of the Potomac.
 
And I would love to spend my days traveling Virginia or any other state to write about its individuality and its character! - perhaps such a career is in my future!
 
People's House
The Diva was very sad after this tour.  I remember having a guide and seeing a bit more of the White House than we saw last week.  I understand the need for security, but perhaps there is something that could be done to improve the tour experience.  As it is now, one goes through a lot of security to see four rooms.  There isn't a guide to relate the happenings or the history of the different rooms or objects.  I believe that National Geographic has a DVD tour of the White House.  It might be worth seeing. 
 
Other Happenings
Did I  mention that I went shopping?  I did, I went shopping.  And I bought shoes!!
 
I also bought lots of other stuff including two new dresses - because I am a dress kind of person.  I looked at sundresses with a touch of sadness - oh to be able to wear such dresses!!  (If anyone knows of a great strapless bra... I am all ears!)
 
I toured some caves,navigated my way through a garden maze, ate some wonderful food, drank a great glass of wine, and walked through Old Town (which I love) and did some "just because" shopping (which I also love) for a wonderful friend "just because" at Grape & Bean.      
 
Today I clipped on my pedometer and made my way to the office.  And now I will spend the day catching up at work!!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

WHERE could traffic in Florida actually be bad? Or even worse than DC? (They must not have driven through Atlanta during the week to get to Florida! haha)

Good luck finding that miracle bra. ;)

The Exception said...

Aaron - Apparently near Fort Myer in March is really bad traffic wise!

I don't need a Miracle bra (the assets are already miraculous!) Just one that provides support.

Enigma said...

You Know TE, you said in one post that you wanted to have adventures, or you thought you were dull, i love what i read about your life(and I know I only have a small slice) the stuff you do with the Diva, just the very normalness of it is soothing to me.
i think you are a super person, and one of the best mothers I have ever come across...cheers for doing what is often such a hard job, so well.

The Exception said...

Enigma - Thanks!! That was a wonderful thing to read. I do what I can and value the time I spend with her so much. But then again, you and I seem to be a lot alike when it comes to our kids and parenting!