15 July, 2008

Another of the Many Things I Don't Understand

I love my mobile phone!  I love it so much that I refuse to upgrade or buy a new one as there is just no replacing my wonderful, very small, phone. 
 
Originally the phone was "just for emergencies."  I kept to that philosophy for many years.  Then I found myself bored at the bus stop and... well, the phone became a wonderful way to pass the time. 
 
And to be able to text... now that was quite the discovery.  Private, flirtatious, and wonderfully fun little notes shooting back and forth through the universe!
 
My phone is with me most of the time now.  I take it to lunch, on walks, use it rather than wear a watch - it is simply a part of my every day life.  If the Diva is not with me, I have my phone close at hand, just, in, case!
 
I am not addicted to my phone though; I do not feel lost without it.  It doesn't crawl the web or check my e-mail (which is one of the reasons I love it) as so many phones do.  It is simply a phone used for emergencies, chatting, and flirtatious texting. 
 
I do, however, have my limits!
 
The phone, as mobile as it is and as much as I love it, is NOT used in the bathroom. 
 
It is not unusual for me to walk into a restroom and hear women talking on their mobiles... from within the stalls or while standing at the sink, they are talking, on their mobiles, while in the bathroom. 
 
This is beyond me.  Emergency or not, it can probably wait five minutes until I am finished!

8 comments:

JustRun said...

Ugh. I agree. I use my phone SO much but the line has to be drawn somewhere. I don't want to have conversations while I'm in the bathroom stall, and I don't want to hear others' either.

Anonymous said...

You should put on a show for the women in the bathroom when you hear them talking on their phone. Groan really loudly. Repeat. They will have difficulty carrying on their conversations.

Anonymous said...

that made me giggle

and made me think of a truly horrific experience I had transcribing a tape for a lawyer who felt it necessary to do his business whiel doing his business

The Exception said...

Yea glad to see I am not alone!

JR - Somethings are just better without a cell phone.

TF - Too funny. I will keep that in mind.

Kathryn - Disgusting!

*****
If your life is so busy that the bathroom is your only time for scheduling - you need help! (General you there)

Aaron said...

Whenever I enter the bathroom and someone is on the phone, I make as many obnoxious noises as I can. So far, I've had a few people drop the, "Uh, I'll call you back.."

SCORE!

The Exception said...

Aaron - So you have turned it into a game! Fun!

said...

I'm with ya girl. I HATE that!! I remember the first time it happened, I was in the restroom and heard someone talking... I asked, "Are you talking to me?"

Ugh. Gimme a break.

I actually got free Starbucks once because I didn't answer my phone while I was ordering. Oh, is being polite that rare these days?

The Exception said...

T - Fabulous about the Starbucks but it is unfortunate that people aren't more polite. Cell phones have ruined us!