16 July, 2008

Face or Lace?

Recently Dad's House wrote a post on a Craigslist experience.

 

Ah, the memories!  Although I haven't looked at CL in quite a while, I do have memories of responding and posting a few ads of my own.  Those were the days!

 

It was easiest to find a catchy ad and send a response. Responding became an art (because I did this oh so many times it was an art I perfected... NOT)  The idea was to catch the attention of the guy who posted, though I must admit that many of the men were looking for "right here and right now" kind of action.  Not exactly easy when right here and right now I was being a mom.  But, that is the way CL works.

 

Posting an ad was a bit more fun.  As a woman, I could post just about anything and end up with a hundred responses within a matter of hours - about 25% of which were customized to the actual post and thus received a response.

 

Many men felt compelled to send pictures of the family jewels – putting their, um, best foot forward?  .  I have yet to figure this out.  I know that you guys are very proud of what you have, and I enjoy the real thing myself, but it is not really a selling point!  In this case, a picture is really not worth a thousand words!!

 

The more witty the response I received, the more likely I was to engage with the author.  And if the witty response contained a

picture, I would be asked "got a pic?”

 

Now, how does a girl respond to that?  This man, witty or not, as sent me a picture of his... uh... package and he wants me to send a picture in return?

 

Thus expanded my adventures in lace!  Tit for tat!  Hey, if the guy is going to send me that sort of picture, that is what I am going to send in return.  I never imagined that the requests would keep coming "Do you have more?”

 

I think I posted for an FWB twice, perhaps three times.  The most successful ad I posted was not seeking anything other than an answer to a question about men and their flakiness on CL or something like that.  It was an honest attempt to figure out what was going on in the mind of the CL male readers.  From this ad, I met several very nice, well spoken, and fun men - one of which ended up burning me, but that is a past post.

 

My Craig's List days are over, but now I have loads of pictures of me in lace that seem to have no purpose or place.  (And no, before anyone asks, I am not going to post one)

 

Recently, I received another picture request.  I was a bit stymied.  Do I send a picture of the lace or a picture that included my face because, I never send a face in the pictures with the lace!  What a conundrum. 

 

Now, if this man had sent a picture of his family jewels I would have simply sent the lace, no questions asked.  Tit for tat, don't you know.  (And please, do not send me such pictures in hopes that I will reciprocate!!)  But he didn't.  That said, I am sure that he would have been thrilled to get the lacy shots all the same.

 

What to send?

 

If you receive a request for a picture from a person that you believe to be simply a nice person, well spoken, funny, and on the up and up... what picture do you send?  Lace, or face?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have often wondered about CL and after reading many blogs about user experiences I have stayed away from it. I guess the risk is greater than the reward from my viewpoint.

As for pictures... Men are visual we all know that...just how we are wired. For some that is all that matters for me it takes more depth to sustain attraction. I personally have never nor ever plan to send pictures of my "uh...package". For the simple reason that once it is out there in cyberspace...it is always out there in cyberspace. Who knows I may run for some public office one day and I don't want that image surfacing and taking Focus. Personally I am going to be staring at her eyes and smile for the most part...I want to save the "lace" for those times when it is just us.

At the end of the day...I want quality not quantity... So send the picture that will give you the result you hope to achieve. There is truth to the saying that the sweeter fruit is at the top of the tree...you just have to be willing to go after it.

TAG said...

Face or Lace? Good question. I think the answer depends entirely on what you want from the potential relationship.

If what you seek is mainly a physical relationship where any personal interaction is completely optional or even discouraged, go with lace. In that situation lace is your focus so you might as well be as plain as possible about that right up front.

If what you want is friendship with the hope it will develope into something physical, go with face and cleavage.

If all you really want is a friend for conversation, a friend with whom it will likely take months to spark an interest in anything physical, go with face alone.

Of course, you are intelligent and insightful enough to know these answers. It must have been a rhetorical question. I think you got a little bit of a thrill out of teasing us with the post. (Nothing wrong with that.)

As for CL or photos of private male anatomy, the very fact a man would send you that without your explicit request pretty well indicated what sort of a moron you are dealing with.

TAG

Aaron said...

Does this count as face or lace?
http://miamilf.blogspot.com/2007/02/life-after-having-child.html

And further more, is that one of your CL stalkers that left a comment on that post? :P

said...

I agree with justamansjourney. What is it that you're looking to achieve in response to the photo?

Still, isn't it fun to take those lacey photos? (I lean towards leather myself. LMAO!)

The Exception said...

Just A Man - Yes, once those pictures are out there, they are out there. It is nice to find a man that likes to leave something to be discovered privately.

TAG - You have been reading way too long! ;)

Aaron - Yes, that is one of my... fans though I had to go back to the post to realize there was a comment. I just never know when folks are going to drop by!

T - The picture taking is quite fun when I am in the right mood; never tried leather though! ;)

Anonymous said...

Face. It's a no brainer. Face.

The Exception said...

TF - A lawyer that can make a solid choice without arguing over word choice, variables, or terms! I love it!! ;)

Scotty said...

Does anyone really want to see Scotty in lace?

The Exception said...

Scotty - um... no!

cathouse teri said...

If a man sends me a picture of his package, the only thing he hears from me is "so long, dearie!"

I never send lace. Only face. If he wants to see lace, it will have to be in purrrrrrrson. Meow. ;)

The Exception said...

Teri - That is what I do now, but then... well, I was a bit younger and less mature! ;)