20 February, 2009

Exit Light, Enter Night

Take my hand…off to never, never land…

 

I remember having very vivid dreams about the Diva’s dad.  We were always in the midst of an old and hall ridden building, a court house most likely.  I could often glimpse his face, but for the most part he walked ahead of me.  Around corners and through halls I would follow.  Well, follow might not be the right word, I would search.  Some weird and complicated hide and seek with me always searching and only finding a glimpse here and there.  

Very odd dreams that a psychologist would enjoy greatly. 

Vivid dreams.  The kind of dreams where you wake up smelling the dust from the floors and the must from the halls.  The glimpses of face etched into your memory.  The helpless feeling of continually searching and realizing you won’t find…

I rarely have such vivid dreams.  Of late though, the dreams have returned.  Not her dad but a man.  A man with only a vague outline and a strong presence.  A man with an amazing house and tile floors. 

Keep one eye open, holding your pillow tight…

The dreams are actually quite nice when they occur.  And now, now that I am writing about them, they will probably disappear into the fabric of my memory. 

I don’t type about dreams.  I rarely to never talk about them.  These are just vivid.  They leave me with a warm feeling over that searching feeling of those previously experienced. 

And, well, I just have that song in my mind… Exit light, enter night, and take my hand… off to never, never land…

And I would definitely take this man’s hand off to never, never land… it doesn’t even matter how he looks as his presence is that… vivid and confident. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never would have pegged you for a Metallica fan. Who knew!

Hallways... searching? Going through transformation? Interesting stuff