15 April, 2011

Highlights; Inspiration; and on being without Words

I am a mish mash of emotions and actions.  Singing from pure energetic enthusiasm as to the possibilities and what the next part of the year holds with my mind connecting dots as to how this will work and how it will feel and seeing other possibilities… to fatigue verging on sadness and maybe tinged with a little fear or anxiety that takes the form of “what if?”

My emotions and thoughts are scattered; finding the words to speak seems exhausting at times so to find words to write… it just doesn’t happen  much lately.  I sit down to write and find… there is just nothing to say… and that is an odd feeling. 

It isn’t as if I haven’t found amazing inspiration in the happenings of the day.  I need only look outside to see tulips of all colors appearing as if out of nowhere or feel the breeze drifting through the open window because, yes, it is now warm enough to have the windows open and feel comfortable with the temperatures.

And the different articles I am reading… it is amazing what people are writing that both inspire and leave me wanting to respond with my own thoughts and ideas.  Scott wrote Art of the Shove which had me thinking about the people who I have pushed out of the nest, those that have refused to be pushed out of the nest… and all those times I have thrown myself over the edge of the nest or found the universe giving me a great shove (like now) suggesting that “enough is enough” and “it is time!”

Hillary is writing a series of wonderful posts about her beloved country with beautiful pictures.  Her writing is always enlightening, and this challenge is a delight to read.

And how I wanted to sink my teeth into Zen and the Art of Simplicity by Diana who speaks to a part of my heart that has lain dormant for quite a number of years.  Growing up in a small town near the top of a mountain, the last thing I wanted to do was to spend my life in a rural area.  My heart, I believed, belonged in the city.  Yet, with time and the overwhelming nature of busy, politics, and inability to do anything without party “black and white” coming into the conversation, it didn’t surprise me when the small town girl silently raised her hand and questioned whether it is time to consider a different way of life.  So if that job in Sardinia opens and I am offered the position…

*sigh*

For today, for now, I am here.  This is my life.  I keep reminding myself that this is where I am and I do love my life though I am making changes and creating it a new.  I am listening to that small town girl who wants a more simple and slower life; I am embracing the risks that are involved with the shoves I am experiencing; and I am noting the wonders of Virginia as it comes to life in every way possible.  I am reminding myself that I am creating in ways that are not yet visible, but because I am creating in those ways, I am not creating through writing as I once did or as I will again. 

That said, I return to the buzz of party politics; right and wrong; black and white; and know that there are wondrous  and fabulous and inspiring people out there who see the texture, live in the moment, and offer inspiration, often without realizing that they are doing so… and those mentioned above are just three of them.  Check out Today’s Meanderings for so many more!!

   

3 comments:

Molly @ Postcards from a Peaceful Divorce said...

You know what, TE, our job changes are exactly the kind of shove that he was talking about. I'm glad to see your excitement. I am feeling it too.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi TE .. I must come back .. THANK YOU so much for giving me my blog more than a plug by the look of it ..

I'll be around tomorrow probably ..

Thinking of you .. cheers Hilary

Sara said...

T.E.

I wish you luck with the position in Sardinia. We all create in different ways. i have no doubt you will continue to create your life by your rules. And that's a good thing.

I realize I'm late in saying this, but I do what you've done to your site. It's really nice.

If you do that job in Sardinia, I hope you will occasionally drop in here and let us know how things are going. The nice about blogging is it makes the world seem so much closer.

Good luck with everything. You deserve the best:~)